Made in Italy – Italian Musical Heritage
Not only Italy was the cradle of worldwide renowned Italian artists who contributed to the Italian cultural heritage, but also represented the favourite destination for artists such as Mozart, Mendelssohn, Goethe and Stendhal. The study course of Italian Musical Heritage originated under such a perspective.
The course offers modules aimed at acquiring adequate analytical skills and the cultural background, necessary for achieving a higher level in musicological research, provided by experienced lecturers in the sector.
During the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Introducing Italia Opera
- Italian Music Outside Italy: Italian Composers at the Courts of Europe
- The “Grand Tour” as a cultural-musical reference: Italy’s Music Festivals
- Music Events Management
- Italian instrumental music between 19th and 20th century
- Italian jazz festivals
- Historical tour of the teatro San Carlo
- Classic Neapolitan song
- Italian instrumental music
- Italian sacred music
- Italian bel canto singing
- The Italian madrigalists and Claudio Monteverdi
- The Italian art of violin
|For information about the modules that will be covered during the course, please consult the section Objectives||0|
The study of the didactic materials, both digital (video lessons of the lecturers with graphic animations) and on paper support (lecture notes and/or texts), is conducted according to the time schedules and personal availability of the student.
Students may avail of video lessons for the study of theoretical knowledge, of bibliographies and sitographies, in addition to notes and documents necessary for the acquisition of practical skills.
• study the didactic material specifically arranged;
• participate in online activities;
• successfully meet the required learning outcomes of each module as stated in course outline in order to pass the assignments;
• revise the assignments according to the lecturers’ comments in an event of the failure to meet one or more of the learning outcomes for each module;
• successfully pass the final dissertation defense real time via digital tools.
Titoli per l'Ammissione
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (EQF level 6).